Back Button


back

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Christmas shopping....at midnight?

How do you and your family celebrate Christmas?
Is is the hot, old fashioned sit down dinner? Or do you go for the fresh BBQ and salad approach? There is so much information about how to cook, what to cook, entertaining advice at this time of the year....it's easy to feel a little like an incomplete domestic goddess? Or is it? So many options....

I do like to involve the children though.

 BUT, when I may have changed my tune after I was shopping for the usual fruit, veg, milk, crackers etc the other day with Miss Four. 
At the end of the shopping  (pre-Christmas madness with a young child) experience (and yes, it was one....) I left the supermarket well over $100 lighter, truly interrogated by Christmas questions, carrying a "make-it-yourself" Gingerbread Train, tinsel, boxes of baubles and several small candy canes. She was very excited about the Christmas treats and gifts (and love) we were soon to create back at home!
She was tickled pink, but I think between now and 25th December I will shop alone, close to midnight, to avoid queues, questions and general Christmas chaos.

It is all fun, what a wonderful time of the year to be a mum really!


No comments:

Post a Comment