Back Button


back

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Dressing up and having fairy fun

What is your idea of the perfect day?
Mine would be a sleep in (most important!), a healthy breakfast, a Pilates class + water based activity / exercise , a blow-dry and mani/pedi /facial, purchasing a stunning new DRESS that fits like a glove etc.... followed by a long lunch, great conversation, an afternoon siesta, later on a relaxing dinner with my partner/friends/relatives....That is it, a simple day... I WISH!!!!
My daughter, the preschooler, has a very different idea of her ideal day..... firstly she would wake up the entire family at about 5.28am, asking me countless times "What's on today mum?"...
She would then set out to change her outfit about four times, before breakfast, before deciding on the most precious, "special occasion" fairy dress up frock...we fight about the preciousness of it, and how its not suitable for preschool etc etc....
And its only 8.15am!!
She finally toddles cheerfully off to preschool, in THE best, most precious dress, as I am over the confrontations!

"At the end of the day", it is all about dressing up and having fairy fun, for my daughter and me (in my dreams!). One day I wont have a say in what she wears....and as a mother I delight in every day, ideal or not!!




No comments:

Post a Comment